Mission and Vision
Mission: To rebuild lives damaged by addiction.
Vision: Create an environment where men and women’s lives are transformed and relationships are healed. The Way Back Inn and Grateful House recovery program focuses on the integration of the body, mind, and spirit.
The Way Back Inn and Grateful House serves adult men and women who are suffering from alcohol, drug, and gambling dependence. The overall goal is to help clients achieve continuous sobriety. Every client is treated with dignity and respect. Many clients are referred through their employee managed care programs (EAP).
The Way Back Inn, founded in 1974 and the Grateful House, founded in 1958 help men and women find recovery. The two organizations merged in 2002.
The Way Back Inn and Grateful House has recovery programs in Oak Park, Maywood, Forest Park, Melrose Park, Chicago, and Broadview, Illinois.
The Way Back Inn and Grateful House is licensed by the state of Illinois and is C.A.R.F. accredited.
Mental Health Team
The Way Back Inn and Grateful House team have advance degrees in mental health and addictions counseling. They also participate in continuing education programs throughout the year, insuring that best practices are provided to all clients.
- Medical Director, Board Certified Physician
- Clinical Psychologist, Ph.D.
- Master Level Counselors
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors
- Licensed Professional Counselors
- Professional Certified Gambling Counselors
- Certified Alcohol and Other Drug Counselors
- Registered Dietician, M.S.
- C.A.R.F. Accredited
- State of Illinois License
- National Certified Recovery Specialists